Monday, September 29, 2008

We walked all within ourselves.
The night was around us
And silence in every corner.
He kept talking and I listened.
There was no glances, no gasps, no holding hands.
He talked about lost love, his childhood, his unfinished book,
And in his every word, I found another me.
My past unwound, the lost love, the childhood, the book that lay unfinished in my mind.
And finally we parted; the night was growing.
I took an auto and he to get money
But I was still walking...
In it I found a friend, a soul sensitive, a mate
Or nothing… It’s beyond silly confines
Back home, he messaged to find if I reached safe
I did feel safe finally… with myself.
It isn’t the person, the talk, the walk…
It is what made me feel me
Somewhere within, a new me dawned,
Me that didn’t have the dark, the tears and the fears,
Me for whom love isn’t a territory…
It is itself, a free space, a voyage to infinity
I floated, amidst stars, with nothing to pull me down…
With the darkness of space around me
And the light from yonder stars…
Happy, easy and quenched I was
For I found love… which isn’t for a person or a thing
It’ll be in me till I live
And die with me when I die
I am glad I found it…albeit for a moment

No comments:

Post a Comment